Strange substances found in Australian E-Liquids
All held traces of a toxic chemical - 2-chlorophenol - commonly used in insecticides, herbicides and disinfectants.
Head researcher Alexander Larcombe said he was surprised to find the toxin as it is known to irritate human airways and skin.
"It's classified as acutely toxic," Professor Larcombe said
"We also found other things - by-products of animal or human bodily functions - which indicates the process of making the e-liquids might not be as clean as you might hope," he said.
Read more here